Kit components shown solid and include some optional components.
API Plan 11
API Plan 11 recirculates flow from a high‐pressure section of the pump, typically the discharge piping, through a flow control orifice to the seal. Plan 11 is the default flush plan for most pumps.
- Removes heat from the seal chamber
- Ensures proper pressure in the seal chamber in order to prevent pumped fluid from vaporizing
- Allows seal chamber to be self-venting when used with horizontal pumps
Plan 11 is available as a kit of components ready for field assembly. Kit contents may include:
- Swagelok tube fittings
- Flange adapters
- Pipe fittings
- V series 2-valve manifold
- Bimetal thermometer
- TTW series thermowell tee
- PGI series gauges
- Pressure transmitter
- Pipe nipple