We Are Hiring!
Swagelok Allentown offers exciting opportunities for individuals looking to join an organization that recognizes and rewards the contributions of its employees.
We invite you to explore our open positions below; submit your resume by sending us an email.
Field Engineer – Full Time
The Field Engineer (FE) provides an extension of our Swagelok’s engineering services to Swagelok Allentown and our end users in markets and applications that are strategic and critical to Swagelok. The Field Engineer’s primary focus is to provide application knowledge and technical support to targeted product and service initiatives, market segments, and key customers. In addition, the Field Engineer will develop and provide fluid handling solutions for specific customer needs and specifications through project support and on-site troubleshooting as part of evaluation and advisory services. The Field Engineer will become a thought leader in semiconductor gas and chemical applications and a resource globally to Swagelok. Lastly, the Field Engineer provides technical support and training to Swagelok Allentown and its end users to facilitate growth of sales and targeted product initiatives.
Percent of Time / Essential Functions:
- 10%: Drive sales of targeted product, Custom Solutions and field services within service area
- 5%: Provide distributor training & technical support on new products, services, and applications
- 10%: Select and recommend products into specific customer applications
- 20%: Actively participate in Swagelok’s global field engineering program
- 5%: Identify the changing application needs for new products & existing products while providing feedback to the appropriate corporate personnel on improvements to products or services
- 10%: Perform Field Engineer related field services for customers
- 2.5%: Assist in development and execution of marketing initiatives
- 25%: Provide quotes for Custom Solution assemblies, as well as representative drawings and other sales process items
- 2.5%: Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; regarding professional publications; participating in Swagelok U courses
- 5%: Assist with special projects as needed
- 5%: Demonstrate knowledge on all Custom Solutions Quality procedures
Education and Experience:
- BSME, BSChE, BSEE or equivalent in science-related field.
- 3+ years of industry experience in engineering processes is preferred in one or more focused market application segments (i.e., fluid controls, semi-conductor, analytical instrumentation, alternative fuels, etc.).
- 3+ years of experience training, both internal and external customers, is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Through application engineering effort, able to understand customer applications and develop/provide fluid handling solutions to specific customer needs and specifications.
- Skilled in interpreting and understanding customer applications.
- Interpret customer specifications, P&ID’s, and fluid schematics. Knowledge of industry standards and best practices.
- Ability to solve complex problems and complete multiple projects using problem-solving methods to make sound engineering decisions.
- Able to identify and assess new opportunities. Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience using SolidWorks or other 3D modeling software a plus.
- Proficiency with MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Self-motivated, self-confident, service orientation, adaptability, achievement, initiative, change catalyst, influence, teamwork, and collaboration.
Associate Field Engineer – Entry-level FE role (0–2 yrs.), focused on developing product and applications knowledge, developing relationship with customers as technical solutions advisor.
Field Engineer – Midlevel FE role (2–4 yrs.), focused on advanced/specific applications knowledge, design, and recommendations for customer systems; engagement in larger, more comprehensive opportunities; significant contributor to the global FE team and efforts.
Senior Field Engineer – Senior-level FE role (4+ yrs.), focused on strategic growth as a solutions and service provider, confident and consistent technical advisor, significant experience in specific markets and applications, capable of leading local and global FE teams, strong subject matter expertise.
Must be able to travel 25%–50% locally, regionally, and globally.
Don't see a job that fits your talents, or is nothing currently listed on this page? Send us your resume by clicking here, and let us know why you would like to work for Swagelok Allentown! We are always looking for great people to join our team. If you do not hear from us right away, please do not sweat it. We will contact you if the right position comes up. Until then, keep checking this page for more opportunities.